Wednesday 21 January 2015

Teahouse

In a wet jasmine clad greenhouse a steamy cup of green tea...fragrant January at 
I like pouring your tea, lifting
the heavy pot, and tipping it up,
so the fragrant liquid streams in your china cup,

Jasmine, Gunpowder, Assam, Earl Grey, Ceylon,
I love tea's names, which tea would you like? I say
but it's any tea for you, please, any time of day

Extract from "Tea" by Carol Ann Duffy
- - - -

 January...the cleansing, the cold, the cloudy, The threshold of the new...for clarity tea, I drink tea in comforting bucketloads. Cupping my hands and musing what might be...

Jeska at Lobster and Swan posted about a brilliant tea shop, VRAC, in Lewes here the teas are exquisite...I am longing to try the Primavera...
"An enchanting and invigorating blend of olive leaf, orange blossom and Spanish mountain thyme. From the same garden as the lemon verbena and harvested last month. Can’t get more vibrant than this!"

 - - - -
 Yes to Primavera! Spring!
--x--

I am smiling at myself, as, I looked back to last year 's posts, early February and there I was...Petersham Nursery! such a creature of ritual...

10 comments:

  1. Lovely post, dreamy images, and I adore Petersham Nurseries. I used to live nearby and visited often. Now it is a real once in awhile treat. Happy New Year to you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what lovely photos, I love tea, english breakfast, peppermint and chamomilexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cup of tea is soothing and refreshing - but reading your blog posts has just the same effect... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely place to have tea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely blog I have wandered upon!
    I too have been to Petersham Nursery but I didn't realise it was so long ago.
    http://apiecefullife.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Richmond

    ReplyDelete
  6. THe teahouse is amazing! Really great place to relax.

    Spring cleaners Kensington

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for contacting me! I love to hear from you it makes me smile x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.