Thursday 10 April 2014

Floral Circus

Persephone has lead me a merry Spring dance this week. Showering me with flora at every turn, confetti like abundance...she conducts the Circus of blossom with great deftness, it's heady and it's seductive, slowly you realise you're a little drunk on nectar.

Rosy dawn arrives with her misty veil and cherry blossom bunting...
~~~
The girl on the train had feathery long lashes and the tiniest nose. Blonde wisps gathered in tiny clips...she reminded me of  a flower fairy...
~~~
In Carnaby Street, spring bulbs!
...and around the corner, outside Liberty, velvety fragrant abundance, symphonic colour...
Walking on towards Shepherds Market, Act 1, Scene 2 of  us* 
Blown sideways like a spore, I hadn't anticipated the nostalgia. It's a thrill to be here, there's "our" Trattoria. 

I open the gallery door and there is an abundance of paint ordered by Virginia's brush strokes. 
Blowsy bouquets in oil and acrylic dance across the walls whilst patterned chickens cavort amongst them.
~~~
At home, a desire to catalogue, capture all. 
I snip buds and bracts. Petals spin in the breeze I try to catch them, elusive as snowflakes.
I will press these and later, when I find them again, all tissue paper thin, delicate corpses I will have this spring moment again. 
I begin to imagine each flower is a costume in a Spring Circus.
I hastily draw a tent. Laughing, I answer the phone.
"What are you doing?"
"I'm making a flower Circus!"
"Of course you are!" 
We laugh.
 That night I fall into a heavy hay feverish sleep and I dream of the Circus...
~~~
* After we met in Act 1, Scene 1, Jolly Harbour. Mr.Lane and I would meet up every Friday in Shepherd's Market. 
I longed for Fridays all week.

**Virginia Griffith-Jones is exhibiting recent works in Shepherd's Market. Hurry though as it finishes Friday. Details here.
~~~
 --x--

11 comments:

  1. So many very pretty flowers, my very favourite thing, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the most gorgeous blog, your obvious talent shines through in your images and writing. Can you tell me how you achieved your pretty boards for Pinterest etc in the side bar?
    Have a wonderful weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a colourful post - those buckets of flowers are to die for as are those floral paintings. I love this time of year full of blossom - enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully floral post.
    Very Sarah-Jane.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers . . . beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed devouring this post, each image more interesting and beautiful than the last, you do tell a wonderful story, I was transported to the big top with you. such wonderful flowers outside Liberty's. Thanks you have made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this post. It has cheered me up after feeling sad all day. Thanks for visiting me and mine these past few weeks.

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful blog!

    i mention you and your blog in my new post about selina lake. come on over to see!

    happy spring wishes

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aghhh!! I was right there this week but missed out on Liberty's and around that side of Carnaby Street due to time restraints!! Yes, I am banging my head on my desk as I type this. Right, next weekend I'm going to have to go back :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful poetic, romantic post..... what heavenly flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  11. '"I'm making a flower Circus!" "Of course you are!"'

    LOL! =D Of course! =) You're wonderful! So tapped into that childlike magic!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for contacting me! I love to hear from you it makes me smile x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.